Saturday 18 May 2013

HECTIC HOUSE HUNTING


The pictures above symbolize the exact situation my sister,Peaches, and my brother who doubles up as Peaches' boyfriend, Falcon, were in when they got back home today.Super fatigued and the reason being a hectic day of house hunting! House hunting is literally a horror in Kenya or rather Nairobi specifically.You decide to use an agent who charges you an absurd amount only to show you houses that are the exact opposite of the perfect description you gave them of the house you want. You finally decide to take it upon yourself and search on your own and that is a whole nightmare on its own.You search the whole day amidst the scorching sun sweating profusely or the threatening clouds if there is a possibility of rain with no success at the end of the day. It is sad that with the whole digital system starting to be adopted in the country we don't have websites for available houses and the one that is there only announces houses that can only be afforded by the upper class.Maybe I should take it upon myself and start one but if I can't get one available house for myself how am I to get several for different people? However if any of you know of a two bedroomed house with its own compound and gate,feel free to halla at yo girl

No comments:

Post a Comment